In this episode you will hear George Bradt and Andrei talk about:
How to get fired as boss in your first 60 days on the job, lessons from world class first responders and how respect and authority is earned and never demanded. George draws from his expansive experience in the business world. He is an renowned author, Forbes columnist and has been country high exec for Coca Cola China.
Some value points you can expect:
- Insights from a former Coca-Cola China Executive
- Why “Being the best part of people’s worst day” matters
- Lessons gained from a world leading authority on disaster response
- How to think about people’s feelings
- Learn the notes and then forget them
- Why preparation breeds confidence
- Why NOT listening to your gut and first impressions can lead to great failings
- Why you can’t just demand respect, you have to earn it first.
- How to get fired as boss in your first 60 days
- Earn it to claim it – respect and authority don’t fall from trees
- No change agents survive their own change
- BRAVE : behaviours, relationships, attitude, values and environment
- Why connecting with people and feeling their pain is the first step in crisis management
- What is the difference between tasks, projects, programs and priorities.
- How Micro-Managing is misrepresented and misunderstood
- Three levels of engagement – compliance, contribution, commitment
- How to anchor specific responses to specific behaviours
- Why “punching your team in the face” leads to disaster
George is the author of the following
You can reach out to George on:
P.s: Only if you really really want to, and if you really really insist, you can donate on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/techieleadership
Please enjoy our show!