In this episode you can hear Boris Gorelik and Andrei talk about
The academic side of data science, how companies sometimes change results to better fit their image and the obvious but often miss looked fact that the things you know are unknown to others.
- Insights for leadership from a Data Scientist;
- Academic views on leadership;
- Managing people isn’t for everyone;
- Lessons from a practical approach;
- Data Science is predominantly about data cleaning;
- The difference between statistically meaningful and practically meaningful;
- How sometimes companies tweak results to match expectations;
- Bad managers make you appreciate the good managers;
- Giving credit, being decent and not cheating;
- All good teamwork starts with effective communication;
- You don’t know that the stuff that you know is unknown to others;
You can reach out to Boris on
P.s: Only if you really really want to, and if you really really insist, you can donate on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/techieleadership
Please enjoy our show!