In this episode you will hear Dave and Andrei talk about:
How throwing money at problems most often doesn’t solve anything and sometimes it can even lead to losses in the millions. Most of this comes about through the fact that software development isn’t like a production line, but also because often management doesn’t ask how it should help team leaders.
Some value points you can expect:
- Why throwing money at a problem is a costly solution at best and a disastrous failure at worst.
- How to loose years of work and millions of dollars by not asking your team leaders how you should help them
- Why software development isn’t like working on a production line.
- Why company culture is important and how it builds good work ethics.
- Why adding 200 consultants on a rushed project will loose you millions.
- Why modular design matters
- Why tests are important and also the fastest way to develop software.
- Why failing fast and failing often is the way to go if you want to risk big
- Innovating is expensive but so rewarding
Dave Farley is the author of the following:
You can Reach out to Dave on:
P.s: Only if you really really want to, and if you really really insist, you can donate on patreon: https://www.patreon.com/techieleadership
Please enjoy our show!